Followers

Monday, April 8, 2013

You Are My Sunshine



Today I discovered Sassy Cheryl's Stamps.   OMGoodness can you say cute??  I love them and of course had to get a few  :)  There is also a sketch challenge at her blog and I was actually able to complete a card in one sitting!  Not always possible...you know what it's like to have a 3 year "help" you?  LOL ok then, now you get it.  So here is a card I made for my 18 year old, Shianne.  I always used to sing You Are My Sunshine when she was little and this little girl reminds me of her too!  Not to mention the whole ladybug thing.  

http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/2013/04/you-are-my-sunshine.html
http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/2013/04/you-are-my-sunshine.html
http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/2013/04/you-are-my-sunshine.html
I cut the butterflies from the MME paper.  I stippled the clouds with a handmade stencil.

Challenge #160, Sassy Cheryl's

Copics, Prismacolor pencils and ink used
The papers I used are from MME Miss Carolina 6x6 pad.  Pink dot DT by BoBunny.  Pennant by MFT, Charming Oval by Verve and the heart die by Memory Box. 

Til next time...
Kathi

Challenges:

18 comments:

Penny said...

OMGosh, Kathi, what a superb take on that sketch! Love the darling image; you colored her beautifully; love the pretty papers, fishtails, & 'flies, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Unknown said...

Love, love, love all of the additional photos. This is a stunning card. Super sweet!
Thanks for playing along with the Sassy Cheryl DT this week.

Shirley said...

You did exceptionally well to get a card made with a "helper" Your card is gorgeous. Coloring is beautiful, papers are perfect, love the added butterflies, and who doesn't love You are My Sunshine.

Glad you found Sassy Cheryl. Her images are wonderful.

Ann English said...

Kathi, this is just precious! Love the colors, the butterflies...it's all great!
I'm so glad you joined us for this week's challenge for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

Dawn said...

adorable! love the butterflies!

DIANA L. said...

I saw you on MIM I love your coloring of the girl and your great take on the sketch. I am # 7, 37,119, and #120, stop by I would
Love to have you visit.
This is so sweet. I just became a follower- I hope yu will follow me
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Saw your sweet card on MIM and just had to pop over for a closer look! Really pretty :)

Unknown said...

Saw you on MIM! I love this! That image is so cute!!! Just a perfect use of this sketch.. I love it!

Patricia said...

Simply beautiful! Love that image. She looks like she could be up to something though. Better keep and eye on her. Thanks for joining us Artistic Inspirations this week.

Cards by Sharyn said...

This is a really fabulous card. Such fun and happy colours and the image is adorable. Came over from MIM for a closer look.

Shirley-Anne said...

Awesome card .Love the papers and sweet image .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Tanya said...

Such a cute card! I love the colours, those papers are gorgeous! And that image is just adorable :)

Thanks for joining our Fortnightly Challenge at Forever Friends Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon :)

Tanya xx

Mema's Crafts said...

Cute card Kathi and amazing coloring. Thanks for taking time to share your talent and play with us at Mema's Crafts. If you haven't entered the giveaway I encourage you to do so..if you want of course.

Hugs
Lesia

Evie said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.

DT member.
Evie

Addii said...

Very beautiful card, thank you for being our challenge Card mania!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Great card, love the layout and those gorgeous butterflies
Thanks for sharing with us at Forever Friends challenges, hope to see you again next time
Good luck
Julie x
My blog
Pennys Challenges DT member
Digi Darla DT member
Forever Friends DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges DT member
Fashionista DT member
Lady Annes stamp challenge DT member

Shona Erlenborn said...

How cute is this? Love the color combination and the image is colored to perfection. Thanks for joining us over at Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Marisa said...

Darling image and scene. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I read them all and it's truly appreciated! :D